As a former Girl Scout Leader, 27 years ago, we made these all the times with our troops. I still use them all the time in the garden and my grandchildren use them to sit in the grass and have a picnic and also sitting on the beach at our lake house!
It’s an easy project that can be done if just a few minutes!
- Vinyl Fabric
- Hole Punch
- Large Needle
- Fold and cut the vinyl to the desired size which is usually the size of a folded newspaper.
- Punch holes on the three sides that are not folded.
- Attach the yard to the first hole, I do this by creating a large knot and putting it in between the first holes so the knot is inside the fabric.
- Lop the yarn through the holes on two sides.
- Place the newspaper of your desired thickness inside.
- Continue with the yard to close it up.
- Tie the yard on the last hole.
These are great projects for kids! You can use them to have picnic in the yards, sit around the campfire and even use them as a pad on bleachers.
And when your children aren’t using them use them as a garden kneeling pad!
Watch a quick video on how to make them: